Policy re-design, a multidisciplinary & design approach to reform the policy for disability certification in Colombia
Diana Pamela Villa Alvarez
Fundación Saldarriaga Concha
21 Sep 15:30 — 16:30
About the session
This session presents the case study of the advocacy to reform the policy for disability certification in Colombia developed by Fundación Saldarriaga Concha and UNICEF.
The recommendations for this advocacy are the result of a user-centred approach to understanding users’ experience in the disability certification procedure.
To prepare for the advocacy, the organisations developed a process of research, synthesis, ideation and prototyping similar to a design process through a series of projects which combined methods from various disciplines including design.
Gain knowledge about:
- The strategies for policy analysis regarding a particular problem (quantitative and qualitative evidence).
- The difference among policies, procedures and services. the design methods that could be used for policy analysis.
- How design methods are applied in a real-life policy process.
- A collaborative process of policy analysis in which design interacts with other disciplines and approaches.
- Possible roles of not-for-profit organisations in policy design.
- Advocacy actions that can be developed by not-for-profit organisations and designers.
Inclusion, policy design, inclusion, research, strategy, user experience.