17 Sep 10:45 — 11:45
About the session
accuRx is used daily by 98% of GP practices in the country.
In November, with weeks to go before GP practices had to commit to the vaccine programme, accuRx’s GP users were asking them to build the technology solution they needed to deliver a vaccination programme of unprecedented scale and intensity. Without it, GPs feared they could not participate in the programme without neglecting their existing obligations to patients.
In December, accuRx launched its vaccine booking solution which has since supported 1 in 3 vaccinations nationally.
This session is a case study in how to apply agile and user-centric design principles at pace to the biggest ever public service delivery programme.
It will cover the lessons learnt in responding to the relentless service design challenges presented by a constantly evolving national programme in which the stakes could not be higher; specifically:
- Why everything begins and ends with understanding user needs
- How to apply agile principles to a national programme
- Responding to policy changes with no notice
- Designing tech infrastructure to scale
- The win-wins of building products in the open
- Managing team burnout
- Building for the 99%
This session will be:
- Delivered: Live
- Recorded: Yes
- Has a participant number cap: No
Themes: Health, Covid19, Digital