30 Sep 13:45 — 14:30
About the session
As user centred designers and researchers, we should always ensure that inclusivity is at the heart of our practice.
In this talk, we share insights from our research with UCD professionals, research participants, charities and recruiters to identify what we could be doing in our user centred design and research practices to consistently and effectively be more inclusive.
In this talk we will...
- Reveal insights from recent research with UCD Team Members
- Provide a perspective from research participants and charities as well as recruiters
- Share ideas for how to effectively reach seldom heard communities
- Update on our ways to safeguard both vulnerable participants and researchers
- Share some tools and best practices that are currently being developed
- Lessons learned from speaking with research participants, charities, and recruitment partners, including barriers, enablers, and opportunities
- Quick wins and ideas to make other UCD projects more inclusive
- How this thinking could be applied to other projects
Themes: Inclusion, User centred design, User research, Vulnerable populations, Sensitive Topics, Seldom Heard Communities, Upskilling teams