16 Sep 10:30 — 11:30
About the session
Learn how to predict, assess and mitigate any potential negative consequences of a new service and take part in a consequence scanning exercise as we plan the launch of a fictional new service.
AirBnB trashed the rental market; bike share schemes cost millions, only to fill parks and canals with metal and plastic; Uber put taxis drivers out of work and cities into gridlock.
We all want to provide services that improve citizens' lives, but no-one wants to be the next high-profile disaster story.
When designing services it's vital to have a way to predict, assess, prioritise, and mitigate these kinds of consequences — and this is exactly what consequence scanning does.
In this session, you'll take part in a consequence scanning exercise as we plan the launch of a fictional new service. Along the way you'll learn the tools, methods and techniques to take back to your workplace and use in future projects.
Consequence scanning is a methodology originally developed by Dot Everyone, and recently taken up by Future Cities Catapult.
Take part in a hands-on exercise using the 'consequence scanning' system
- Learn a tried and tested new method to predict, assess and mitigate negative consequences of new services
- Avoid high-profile disasters by understanding risk factors in local government services
- Learn tips and techniques that you can take back and use in your own workplace
This session will be:
- Delivered: Live
- Recorded: Yes
- Has a participant number cap: No
- Includes: Interaction, Hands-on exercises
Themes: Service Design, Product Development, Consequence Scanning, Discovery, Product, Process, Prototyping, Planning, , "