16 Sep 16:00 — 17:00
About the session
UX research requires us, researchers and designers, to speak with a range of individuals to learn about their world and behaviours.Topics can vary from light (shopping preferences) to heavy (drug usage).
So how do we respond when someone shares their past traumas with us? It can be easy to feel underprepared and overwhelmed.
In this session, we will share our learnings speaking with participants on challenging topics such as domestic abuse and severe mental illnesses.
During this in-depth 90 minute session participants will learn:
- How to safeguard participants
- Tips on how might we instil trust; create a safe space for the people we speak to and provide a continuation of support
- How to safeguard researchers
- Tips on how might we maintain our mental well being throughout the project
- How to leverage storytelling and narrative for your team to engage with research
This session will be:
- Delivered: Pre-recorded
- Recorded: Yes
- Has a participant number cap: No
Themes: Ethics, Inclusion, User Research, Domestic abuse, Mental health, Recreational drug use, Research delivery, UX research, Self-care, Remote working, People in vulnerable circumstances