Surrey County Council
20 Sep 12:15 — 13:00
About the session
The Surrey Additional Needs and Disabilities Local Area Partnership is growing and embedding Service Design in search of a positive step change in experiences and outcomes for children, young people and families.
This case study session will consider the challenges and opportunities in developing a service design culture in a system partnership context and lessons learned on the journey so far.
The following topics and concepts will be explored using practical examples throughout:
- Exploration of the ““Special Educational Needs and Disabilities or “SEND”” system design landscape.
- Understanding changing user needs in the context of cultural and societal change.
- Making the case for user led design approaches.
- Design capabilities, power and discomfort.
- Green shoots and mountains to climb.
LocalGov, inclusion, culture change, user voice , system design , partnership governance, Leadership.