Dartington Service Design Lab
17 Sep 14:00 — 15:00
About the session
Your Voice, Your Way was a collaboration between Renfrewshire Council Children’s Social Work, Dartington Service Design Lab and Snook. From 2019 - 2021 the project team worked with young people, practitioners, parents, carers and organisations, to design resources that ensure young people’s voices are heard in ways and at times that work for them. The case study presentation of this work will discuss the methods and approaches used to involve young people within the design of public systems change, and Renfrewshire Council’s alignment to the Independent Care Review’s ‘Promise’ (2020).
- Process and methods for engaging care experienced young people in codesign for systems change
- Advice about how to use technology reviews and feasibility studies to adopt asset-based approaches that deliver implementable systems change
- The limitations and challenges of measuring the impact of service design for systems change over time
- New knowledge about the Independent Care Review’s ‘Promise’ as national standards for children’s social care across Scotland
- Participation in a discussion about the potential productisation of the Your Voice, Your Way outputs and scalability across other local authorities to support national alignment to standards for young people’s participation in care decision making.
Provocations about methods for measuring impact over time, and the potential scalability of the approach and outputs across other local authorities will inform the final discussion.
This session will be:
- Delivered: Live
- Recorded: No
- Has a participant number cap: No
Themes: Participatory design, service design for systems change, quality assurance, care experienced young people, children's social work